February 9, 2012

J.Crew sneaks in some new arrivals (and classic shoes!)

This morning I was completing my daily J.Crew sale section scouring when I somehow ended up in the full price section. This is something that rarely happens. But anyway, it was a good thing, because I discovered some new arrivals that made me very happy. There seem to be 1 or 2 new items in each category; nothing major and nothing terribly exciting to me... except a few of the new shoes... they are so... classic! Remember these?



J.Crew's "perfect" patent pointy toe flats, or as I like to call them, torture chambers for your feet. That point just goes in at way too sharp of an angle. Even in a size larger than my normal size, my toes were so scrunched they were unbearable for more then 10 seconds. The heels were even worse. Total fail on J.Crew's part, especially since they did not have a leather lining.

Meet the new Viv flat, sans bow:
J.Crew Viv patent flats

That point looks a little less severe than its 2008 cousin's point, and they appear to be cut slightly higher. I am tickled about these flats. They are lovely looking and have a leather lining. The only problem is, they are $188. OUCH. Into the wishlist they go... oh wait, J.Crew doesn't have that feature! Ok then, into the cart they go, where they will be inexplicably dumped one day, most likely the day they go on sale, and then by the time I manage to find them and place them back in my cart, they will again be ejected just as I am about to checkout. Awesome.

I can't be the only one pining for the perfect pointy-but-not-too-pointy flats, can I?

10 comments:

  1. Nice to see you have started a blog! I like these shoes, yes, they are similar to J.Crew's perfect flats from years back and hopefully a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks xoxo! I hope they are better fit too. I'm tired of ill fitting shoes coming from my favorite retailer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of your blog! Good luck and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I have those top shoes in yellow...it is good to know there is a difference. I didn't think the perfect flats were uncomfortable, but I have super narrow feet, so that may be part of it.

    I do love the ones in green. Very cute. :)

    I had been following your blog, I forgot I signed up...but I am throwing my congrats out there for you!!! Look forward to even more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog! And love the shoes -- if they go under $100, they will be mineallmine in a rainbow of colors. I looooove pointy-toed flats, esp. in bright colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dinagideon, maybe my feet were just too wide! Grrr! And thank you for the congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine, I am with you. For under $100, clearly we need all of the colors!

    rynetta PhD, they have the potential to be the perfect flat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love pointy toe flats, they are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please play nice :)