February 24, 2012

80s flashback

Among the new arrivals at J.Crew is an interesting new print.
 I don't like it at all because bright yellow and black leopard print just seems wrong. Also, because it immediately reminded me of these:
Zubaz!
Remember those? Looks like they recently started making them again.

Some of the neons and hideous prints/styles lately really remind me of the 80s and early 90s. Not a good time for fashion.Yuck. I prefer to stick to the classics!

6 comments:

  1. LOL, that's a good one! Yes, the color combination is strange. I think it actually looks better irl. It has a lot of purple flecks that are hardly visible online. I tried the Fabiola dress today and normally the lime would look horrible against my skin, but this one was rather nice. I am on the fence whether I like it on not. It is hard to explain, the idea of it is ugly but the execution is pretty, I know I am not making any sense, sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I tried the pants today and ended up with the skirt. The dress was too fitted at the bust for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God. Zubaz pants!!!!! Yes, I totally remember them. My dad got us all some Zubaz (think he got them thru work maybe? He worked in sports radio). My particular favorite was a pair of neon pink and purple zebra print pants. Oh and then there were the red and orange ones for the Tampa Bay Bucs (we lived in FL at the time). Sexaaaay!
    I have to admit they WERE pretty dang comfortable.


    Yeah, not a fan of this print although I'm not usually a fan of animal prints period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, those printed pants totally remind me of the body builder pants. I never knew the name but I remember seeing them on some meatheads around town. Even back then I knew it was a fashion mistake. All these printed pants are hideous and must be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my J. Crew catalog in the mail and I thought the same exact thing. I think J. Crew missed the mark with this one. But maybe I'm wrong because based on the comments it might look a little better IRL.

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think in the weightlifting world, those pants never went out of style. *lol*

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please play nice :)