OOTD 4/22/13 by jcrewjd featuring j crew
I am no wallflower when it comes to wearing bright colors, but I never would have thought to pair these pink shoes with this yellow cardigan. Thanks to a coworker for suggesting it. I feel so bright and cheery in this outfit!
I am wearing the J.Crew matchstick jeans in old glory wash, which are on sale for $79.99 right now (and mostly sold out, but we all know they will pop back!) I bought them on a whim because I feel as though I can never have enough jeans, and I think they are great. I bought a 30 tall, which is a size larger than normal, and it was a mistake because they are a bit loose. So they are definitely true to size. They are really soft, and the perfect shade of not-too-dark, not-too-light denim. I think the J.Crew photos accurately depict the color, for once. I washed them and they did not shrink in width or length, which is a big plus.
This photo shows the color quite accurately. They are great.
This photo shows the color quite accurately. They are great.
Anything catching your eye with the sale that's going on (25% off everything) at J.Crew? Me, not so much. I have been doing a lot of my J.Crew shopping on eBay lately:
And it is turning out quite well! I am really scouring for the old version of cafe capris, as well as any of the older, knee length cute dresses. Amazingly, there are still some out there that are new with tags! I also have a JCA friend who noticed all my looking to find posts on the mothership, and has found so many things for me on eBay that I ended up buying, so thank you Megan!
One more recent purchase, I bought this to try after reading all of the glowing reviews:
One more recent purchase, I bought this to try after reading all of the glowing reviews:
Ann Taylor necklace (see more sparkle jewelry)
Seems to be aimed at the bride crowd, but I think it will be lovely for any special occasion! Can't wait to get it and see if it is worth the dough. Ann Taylor had $50 off $100 purchase today, so that softened the blow. (hey, that rhymes!)
I guess I am just really in a shopping mood lately. Ha, what else is new??
Ooh, one more thing. I need your opinion. I saw this in TJ Maxx today and I feel as though I need it:
I guess I am just really in a shopping mood lately. Ha, what else is new??
Ooh, one more thing. I need your opinion. I saw this in TJ Maxx today and I feel as though I need it:
![]() |
| Full price on BBB.com |
I have read the reviews, I hear people's quality concerns. But it's just SO CUTE. And maybe they wouldn't have been so picky if they paid the TJ Maxx price, which for the F/Q mini set (comforter plus shams) is $79.99. I love, love, love Orla Kiely prints. Do you think this is worth $79.99? The whole display was just so lovely. Should I save myself a bunch of money and just console myself with the Orla Kiely for Method dish soap on my kitchen sink?
Tell me, what are you buying lately?
Tell me, what are you buying lately?






We have that Orla Keily bed linen, and another print of hers and love them!We bought them about 18 months ago and have no issues with quality at all!
ReplyDeleteLovely cotton and fab print!
Oh ruth, thank you! This is just what I needed to hear. I adore the print, it is just too nice to pass up. Thank you for your insight!
DeleteI like the bed linens, too, and have no comment on quality! I am so picky about bed prints, that if I see something I actually like, I snap it up! I love your outfit and your clothes picks. I am hoping for something really wow in the next JC or madewell rollout. There just has not been a wow for me yet this season - I have done well with basics, but no wow!!! I am crazy about the dress you paid $152 for - I don't recall that print, but it is wonderful!!!!
ReplyDeleteWMM, I am really picky too, and right now I just have a plain blue blanket. It's quite lame.
DeleteI agree, we need something wow-ing! I am patiently waiting, J.Crew and Madewell!
The dress is the san remo print, it is heavy silk twill and lovely. It also came in shorts and a cotton blouse, as well as a purse I think. One of the oldies but goodies!
You'll get your cost/use so fast on the bedding. lol Go for it. I bought a comforter cover set from Wal-Mart of all places and it's still in play. If you like, you like. Nice work on your garments of yore scores ;)
ReplyDeletegigi, you are so right. It'll be down to pennies in a year! Thank you for enabling me :D
DeleteI saw some adorable sheets at WalMart last year, they looked exactly like something Anthro would sell. So I get it!
Glad to hear you are having success on ebay. I think you've managed to find some great deals over the years. I gave up on ebay a while back but I may return to buy a few things that have popped into my mind recently. The bedding is cute. Fresh new bedding always lifts my spirits.
ReplyDeletexoxo, I love/hate eBay. I have pretty much stopped selling, but lately there have been many things to buy.
DeleteI need spirit lifting, so I think the bedding will do the trick.
What great e-bay finds! The medallion print blouse is on my list. Do you have any tips for e-bay stalking? I always feel like I'm so random when I search.
ReplyDeleteI also recently purchased the old glory wash jeans in store for $59.99 + 30% off...they're great! I found them to be a bit long though even in the regular length.
shopmurphy, unfortunately, if you want to find stuff, you have to have multiple saved searches and search them often. It is a pain in the butt. I use the eBay app on my phone though, so when I am bored at work, or whatever, I can scroll through.
DeleteThe way I have found the really good stuff for cheap is when the seller included a really general title like "J.crew top", because that makes it harder to find. So, I have a saved search for the term "J.crew" in the category tops and blouses, so I don't miss anything. So, maybe try the category type searching if there is something you really want. It is worth sifting through all the stuff that isn't your size or whatever, when you finally find it!
Thanks for the advice! I do have some saved searches and get daily notifications for new items...but I hadn't thought about putting a few more generic searches in. I just recently started paying attention to my eBay app...which could be a good or a bad thing :) Mobile shopping is so much more dangerous!
DeleteLove the polka dots.
ReplyDeleteThis dress is sooo pretty! I'm so happy for your found ;-) recently I bought the Jules dress in Botanical print, regretted not buying it in stores, but grabbed it on eBay for almos the same price after the 50% off...love the silk and print ;-)
ReplyDeleteAldo love the bedding print and hope you got it! I'm so late in my comments...:-P
Congrats again on the dress!!!