Today I had one of those days where you just don't know what to wear. On those days, I go one of two routes: yoga pants, or a dress. Both are extremely easy, one is just more comfortable than the other and can be worn in any season without having to wear tights! I decided to go with my "new" J.Crew Wool Flannel Watercolor Floral Dress.
New to me, that is. A recent eBay find, made even better because it was Goodwill that was selling it on eBay. I've never found something so awesome in my local Goodwill, so I love how they sell some of their better items on eBay and reach a bigger audience. Pretty smart if you ask me! Does anyone else love these dresses as much as I do? I also have the Golden Roses and abstract rose print ones. Lovely!
My J.Crew factory Cece suede flats are a perfect match! I've never been a huge factory fan; I prefer the special pieces from regular J.Crew made of lovely fabrics and pretty prints over the utilitarian, often boring factory items. But I made an exception for these shoes because there is no difference between them and the regular ones, they are much cheaper, and I could actually try them on before buying. My local regular b&m does not carry shoes (or purses, or most of the clothes...) so I am out of luck there!
Are there any oldies but goodies you are still pining after?





I've seen the Goodwill auctions, but don't think I ever bid. Yes, definitely smart. The dress is just perfection on you. Congrats on a good score!
ReplyDeleteThanks gigi! I have seen some of the Goodwill auctions go really high! It'd be fun to be the person who gets to pick out the "good stuff" to put on eBay.
DeleteVery cute! I just got the orange abstract lattice skirt through a goodwill auction on ebay. :o)
ReplyDeleteNice! Now I just want to find the people who are donating items such as these to Goodwill!!! I can't imagine! I donate tons of my old clothing but not such lovelies as these. I guess we all have different ideas about what is lovely!
DeleteThere probably are oldies I'd like but I've managed to hunt down my most wanted so can't say I'm still pining. However, I recently noticed my Penelope mary janes are starting to wear out from being worn so much so I'll be looking for long-shot replacements ... :(
ReplyDeleteOh no!!! Umm, I have a backup pair of the canyon penelope peep toes... I'll just go ahead and admit it!
DeleteI passed on some backup pairs of the Penelope mary janes during a time when I was trying to be more sensible. Now I could kick myself. But me too, I admit to having backups ...
DeleteSensible, schmensible!!!
Delete