April 19, 2012

Creamsicle

The first thing I thought when this outfit came together this morning was that I resembled a creamsicle. And then I craved one all day!

 J.Crew Rococco Shell, size 6
J.Crew jackie cardigan (2010)
J.Crew Toothpick cords, tall 30
Necklace, made from dismembered storybook bracelet

These "neon persimmon" toothpick cords satisfy my craving for a somewhat brightly colored pair of pants that doesn't break the bank. They were a whole $20 minus 30%. It almost always pays to wait for deep discounts... I wanted these cords all winter but I am glad now that I waited and got them for such a small amount of money. Even better, the color is "springy" enough that I can totally wear them now and into the early summer. It was in the 70s today and I wasn't overly hot.

Close up of the lovely lace
 The Rococco shell was the perfect piece to springify the pants. This was a very lucky clearance store find... although the full price of $128 actually isn't too unreasonable. This is a special top and I received many compliments! It is a size 6, which is my standard top size, and it fits perfectly. It is fitted at the top but nicely flows away from the body. I absolutely love it and if you can get it, I say try it. It did wrinkle a little, but after I was done wearing it for the day, I just steamed it and it is ready for another wear. Gotta love that!
Sans cardigan

 Once upon a time, I traded a cashmere sweater for the storybook bracelet on the JCA weekly exchange. I then proceeded to remove all of the charms and use them on my existing long J.Crew chains from other necklaces as cute little pendants! The bracelet was chunky and impractical but I love the individual charms so much.

Well, that's all for now. I ordered one of the lovely new arrivals today, that fabulous gingham dress... fingers crossed it's as adorable as it looks!

So, what do you think of the Rococco shell? What about the new arrivals that came out today?

17 comments:

  1. You already know I love your pants!

    As for new arrivals, I usually order alot to try but I'm honestly tired of buying/trying/return cycle. Hopefully final sale will go away so I can get a break.

    I only ordered the Altuzarra for J.Crew Patricia dress item 93039. I'm hoping the wider navy stripes land across the top of my hips, magically giving the appearance of narrow hips. Ha!

    Which color gingham dress did you order, navy or dusty blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey JustVisiting! Yeah, I am really tired of having to buy stuff at FP just to try it in, so that when I have to re-purchase on final sale, I don't get screwed. It is maddening!

      The patricia dress is adorable and I look forward to your thoughts on it!

      I ordered the navy in the gingham, even though I can't tell much difference between the two colors from J.Crew's pics! I am pretty sure it will be way too small on the top... anything J.Crew that has built in cups/bustier is almost always made for an A/B cup... but I am trying it anyway and keeping my fingers crossed that I am wrong!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the Roccoco top! That truly is a special top and it looks great on you. That particular necklne isn't very flattering on me, unfortunately, or I would have been all over it the day it rolled out! Great score on the Toothpick cords - can't beat a good off-season deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, creamsicles...I love them! Don't know if you have Cook-Out restaurants in your area but if you do, they have a milk shake called orange push-up that is divine! You must try it!
    Adorable outfit and I love that top! I actually need a white top! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab clearance center find! I'm heading there tomorrow and hope to find some goodies :) You just never know what will be there!

    That top is gorgeous and looks very well-made. Great color combo too. Overall a homerun of an outfit. There's nothing wrong with getting inspiration from some yummy food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you found some goodies at the clearance store... I sure did this weekend! That place is amazing.

      Delete
  5. OOOOO, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this top on you!!!! Super, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that shell is absolutely stunning on you! I love the details at the hem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, the hem is what sucked me in. Love the prettiness!

      Delete
  7. Love the Roccocco Shell on you!!! I also don't like this type of neckline on me but the details are exquisite, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors. You look gooood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! that top is stunning! now I have to find one! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi is the Rococo top TTS? I'm usually a size 0 and XS in their tops but sometimes size up one or down one depending on the cut or if i want a tighter or looser fit depending on the style. I'd love to get one but can't really gauge how the fit will be on me since I'm currently pregnant. Any help would be appreciated! And yes, the top looks awesome on you...which makes me want it even more even though I won't be able to wear it till next summer :)!
    TIA!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please play nice :)