So, there I was, walking into my local J.Crew, and a skirt! in one of the most beautiful prints of the past few years was sitting there on the front table. I'm talking about the tresco floral Liberty print of course! I was sad to see it was a mini skirt, because I'm 5'10" and I don't do mini skirts, but once I tried it on, I realized it is not too mini, even for me.
The price is $125, the material is a light cotton sateen, it has pockets, and it is fully lined. It is a more subtle way of wearing the print than the perfect shirt or the toothpick jeans. I wish it was a pencil skirt in a nice thick canvas, or an a-line, but I'll take what I can get from J.Crew these days.
It fit true to size - I tried sizing up for length but the waist was just way too big. Here's the tag info:
Overpriced, but we all know it will go on sale!
I also tried on the cotton pencil skirt because after years of disappointment, they finally decided to line it. I'm still disappointed, mostly in the color.
This is a pretty true representation of the color. It is the color of an orange julius, sort of. I wanted it to be brighter. Y'know, like the photo?
But I am pleased that it is longer this year, and the lining is really great. But still, it was wrinkled in about 2 seconds. I guess plain colored cotton pencil skirts and I are not meant to be.
I think I was the first person to try this on, 'cause there was still tissue paper in it, and look:
Seam already coming undone under the zipper.
Tresco floral mini wishlisted - anyone else obsessed with this print?
Ok, LOVE the mini skirt!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhy am I not surprised? ;) Hope it makes it to sale...
DeleteThanks for the pics/review. I can't do a mini at my age but I love this print. I might have to try the shirt if it ever goes on sale. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review!
ReplyDeleteThe print looks nice in the skirt form and more do-able than the blouse.
Yes, I love that print. I think it's gorgeous. Nice to see that the mini isn't too mini.
ReplyDeleteI can't do a mini but good to see you rocking it. It's a great print, I'll have to try the pants.
ReplyDeleteI love the mini skirt too!!! I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) here:http://lifesdivine.blogspot.com/2013/03/awar-time-liebster.html! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you, Andrea!
DeleteWow, I'm beginning to fall in love with the Tresco print! Also, you have actually sold me on the melon skirt. I've been wanting a No. 2 pencil in more of a peachy shade, and I shied away from this one online because it looked so bright. Thanks so much for irl pics!
ReplyDeleteThe orange reminds me of those orange Creamsicle pops? LOL. I prefer a brighter shade too. And Chipwiches to Creamsicles.
ReplyDeleteI just found two printed "sort of minis" from another year when I was swapping out my winter/summer clothes... due to incredible shortness on my part, it is usually not indecent for me to wear minis, BUT I feel less authoritative and serious at work in them(!)and if it is windy, I do not like to go outside without a longer coat. >sigh< I feel safest with prints as accessories, but sometimes Crew has a print I like in shorts or a bathing suit top or something that I will never wear. Sometimes the stores have items not on line.. like clutches and umbrellas and stuff like that.
ReplyDelete