No, but there are extremely close copies of current J.Crew selling for a fraction of the price. I am an avid TJ Maxx shopper but I rarely look at the jewelry. This past weekend, though, I walked past the case en route to the cosmetics section, and this necklace immediately caught my eye:
Sure looks familiar! Probably because it looks exactly like the J.Crew archipelago necklace:
So, did these come from the same factory? (I'm gonna say yes.) Does J.Crew know/care that their current season jewelry is being knocked off any sold at TJ Maxx? For the record, the TJ Maxx version was $29.99. There was also a knockoff of the fall floral crystal bracelet, and I've seen copies of the Tesselate necklace at several different TJ Maxx stores over the past 6 months or so (and on eBay and other places.) But the Archipelago copy really stood out to me because it is so distinctive.
I thought this was quite interesting and just wanted to share!
I've bought a few pieces of costume jewelry at th' Maxx. I actually like the Maxx version of this necklace better. I think the simple V-line would provide more styling options.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you! It is much simpler, and def. more versatile.
DeleteGood catch! Very likely they come from the same factory!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's just crazy! Seems like maybe when you manufacture oversear, you don't get to have much control.
DeleteIt wouldn't surprise me at all if the factory had enough extra pieces left over after filling the JC order to do something on its own.
ReplyDeleteI have to limit my TJ's visits, it can be a dangerous place.
Extremely dangerous!
DeleteGood eye!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas. Hope you're well :)
Hm, I totally have never noticed that before, I need to give my TJ Maxx a good once over. I think I actually prefer TJ's version of the necklace better, it seems a bit more wearable.
ReplyDelete